Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Hotel staff electrocuted while repairing billboard in Delta

254

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

A man simply identified as Calabar, a worker of a hotel in Okpanam, Oshimili North local government area in Delta State was electrocuted while carrying out repairs on the hotel’s billboard on March 7.

The victim was electrocuted while on top of a ladder he climbed trying to repair the damaged billboard.

Eyewitnesses said that the deceased had climbed up the ladder when it accidentally touched the 33KVA high-tension pole at a time electricity was restored.

The corpse of the hotel worker has since been deposited at the mortuary while sympathisers thronged the area.

Delta State Police Public Relations Officer, Bright Edafe said the Okpanam Police Station was already handling the case.

 

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.