Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

Dapchi Kidnap: Nigerian Army & Nigerian Police Fight Dirty

We Handed Over To You — Army; Nope, You Never Handed Over To Us — Police

0 468

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

The Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Police Force [NPF] are currently embroiled in a war of blames over who should take the fall of the abduction of the Dapchi schoolgirls.

Currently, the Army has admitted that troops were redeployed from the Dapchi area few days before the abduction of the schoolgirls.

The Deputy Director, Army Public Relations and the Theatre Command’s spokesperson, Col. Onyema Nwachukwu made the admission on Monday.

He said that the army “handed over the security of the area to the Nigeria Police Division” before vacating the area.

Col. Nwachukwu also said that the military should not be held responsible for the abduction of the schoolgirls as the troops handed over a “peaceful and calm situation” to the police.

He explained that the troops were redeployed in Kanama, on the Nigeria-Niger Republic border, to combat Boko Haram terrorists who were attacking a military location in the area.

Nwachukwu stated: “Several communities and local government areas that were hitherto under siege of the insurgents have been liberated and the insurgents pushed out.

“While troops continue to decimate the insurgents in the hinterlands, the security of the liberated communities and towns falls in the hands of the sister security agencies.

“Contrary to the comments being circulated, troops earlier deployed in Dapchi were redeployed to reinforce troops in Kanama area following attacks on troops’ location at the Nigerian-Niger Republic border.

“This was on the premise that Dapchi had been relatively calm and peaceful; and the security of Dapchi town was formally handed over to the police division located in the town.

“Troops’ redeployment was therefore done in tandem with the exigencies of operation and not as misconstrued.

“We will also like to assure the parents, government and the people of Yobe that we will not rest on our laurels in the search and rescue of the abducted schoolgirls and any other persons held captive by the terrorists.”

The Inspector General of Poilce, Ibrahim Kpotum Idris

Reacting to the claim by the military, the Yobe State Commissioner of Police, Sumonu Abdulmaliki, however, said there was no such hand over of Dapchi town to the police.

In a statement signed by the Police Commissioner, he explained that Yobe was a security emergency state monitored by security agencies; hence, the police would not have accepted such responsibility.

Abdulmaliki also insisted that the military neither handed over any location to the police nor informed it of its withdrawal from any area.

He said, “The attention of the Yobe State Police Command has been drawn to a statement that the security of Dapchi town was formally handed over to a police division located in the town.

“The statement by the military is not correct, as there was no time that the military informed the police of its withdrawal or handed over its locations in Dapchi town to the police.

“The whole of Yobe State is still under security emergency with the police, the military and other security agencies battling to ensure a lasting peace.”

The army spokesman, however, said the military would not trade blames with the Yobe State Government as it was making working tirelessly to rescue the abducted schoolgirls.

© Copyright 2017 www.elombah.com. Send eyewitness accounts/ reports/ articles  to publisher@elombah.com; follow us on twitter @ElombahNews; like our Facebook page: ElombahNews; join us on WhatsApp HERE

Would you like to be receiving ALL ElombahNews links ‘On The Go’ on WhatsApp Or Telegram?  If yes, kindly provide us your Telephone number via publisher@elombah.com or sms/inbox +2349052920078 and you are ready to go!

For adverts & inquiries, call +447460770987, +2349052920078

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.