Standing justice on its head: Soludo, Victor Oye collude with CSP Rimamsomte to arrest APGA Chair, Edozie Njoku
Standing justice on its head: APGA leadership crisis takes dangerous turn as Governor Soludo and Victor Oye in connivance with CSP Ezekiel Rimamsomte used by some compromised top police chiefs move to arrest APGA National Chairman, Chief Edozie Njoku on trumped up criminal charges to subvert implementation of supreme court judgement
The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) has raised alarm over whay it termed “standing justice on its head” over the lingering leadership crisis in the party.
This was contained in a press release issued on Monday, November 21, 2022, and signed by the National Secretary of APGA, Mr. Muyideen Imam, on behalf of the National Working Committee.
Mr. Imam noted that the crisis took a dangerous turn as Anambra State Governor Charles Chukwuma Soludo and former APGA National Chairman, Chief Victor Oye, connived with CSP Ezekiel Rimamsomte to arrest the authentic APGA National Chairman, Chief Edozie Njoku on trumped up criminal charges.
Imam accused CSP Rimamsomte of compromise, alleging he was used by some compromised top police chiefs move to subvert implementation of the Supreme Court judgement in favour of Chief Njoku.
In the press statement, he stated that Njoku will be arraigned today at an FCT High Court in Abuja in a criminal case wherein the Inspector General of Police (IGP) is the plaintiff and Njoku and Chukwuemeka Nwoga are the accused.
He wondered how the Inspector General of Police will be prosecuting a matter that Hon. Justice Odili has clarified and refuted the press statement by the Director of Press and Media of the Supreme Court, Dr. Festus Akande, and the letter from the Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court, Mrs Hajo Sarki Bello, to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Nigerian Police denying the amendment of May 9, 2022.
He said: “The last 24 hours has been quite excruciating, intriguing and brain gnawing as we have kept vigil having gotten the wind that Chief Edozie Njoku, the National Chairman of APGA will be arraigned today at the FCT High Court 40 Bwari, Abuja which will be presided over by Hon. Justice M. A. Madugu, in criminal Charge No: CR/12/2022; with the Inspector General of Police (IGP) as the (plaintiff), while Chief Edozie Njoku and Chukwuemeka Nwoga are the (Accused).
“We want it on record that Chief Edozie Njoku has not been properly served according to the dictates of the law. This is an indication of the plot to ensure Chief Njoku doesn’t get justice.
“We have it on good authority that the trumped-up charges are menacingly and mendaciously being pressed despite the clarification in Hon. Justice Odili’s letter which refuted the Press Statement by Dr. Festus Akande (Director of Press and Media of the Supreme Court) and the letter from Mrs Hajo Sarki Bello (Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court) to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Nigerian Police denying the amendment of May 9, 2022 in Suit No: SC/CV/687/2021.”
The members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, consequently, informed the general public as follows:
- That we have uncovered a dangerous plot to subvert the Supreme Court Judgment being spearheaded and financed by Governor Soludo (with Anambra resources) and Victor Oye in connivance with some lawless corrupt police officers led by Mr. Ezekiel Rimamsomte (CSP) and Wisdom Emmanuel Madaki.
- They filed some spurious criminal charges against Chief Edozie Njoku, the National Chairman of APGA in Charge No: CR/12/2022 at FCT High Court; with the IGP as the (plaintiff), while Chief Edozie Njoku and Chukwuemeka Nwoga are the (Accused). They are spuriously alleging that Chief Njoku and Chukwuemeka Nwoga forged the amended Supreme Court Judgment on APGA Leadership.
- Recall that Justice Mary Ukaego Peter-Odili’s in her letter of 7th November, 2022 had confirmed the Judgement to be true and clarified all issues that modest, sincere and honest minds need to know about the amended judgment of May 9, 2022. The essence of Justice Odili’s letter was to rest this matter of lingering APGA Leadership crisis once and for all.
- Unfortunately, Chief Victor Oye and Governor Soludo have used Anambra’s scarce and paltry resources to procure the likes of Mrs. Hajo Sarki Bello (Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court), Mr. Mohammed A. Dikko (Director of Litigation at the Supreme Court), Dr. Festus Akande, (Director of Press and Media at the Supreme Court) and Mr. Gbenga Owodolu (Court Registrar at the Supreme Court) in their failed attempt to subvert the Supreme court judgement.
- This is the first of its kind in Nigeria. Soludo is leading a dangerous crusade on impunity targeted at ridiculing the integrity and image of the Nigeria’s Apex court.
APGA NWC, therefore, called the attention of President Muhammadu Buhari “to put a stop to this brazen madness”.
It also called on the Attorney General of the Federation and the Chief Justice of the Federation to rise and act accordingly and save the integrity of the Judiciary.
The body also called on INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmoud Yakubu, to recognize Edozie Njoku as APGA authentic National Chairman, noting that Victor Oye derives the strength and audacity from the silence of INEC on this issue.
Explaining the motive behind Njoku’s drive, Imam said: “Edozie Njoku, our amiable and tenacious National Chairman and the NWC have chosen this path not because it is likeable, but because it is difficult.
“We have chosen this path not because it is ease, but, because it is herculean. We have chosen this path, not because it is enviable, but, because it is most challenging.
“For in these times and tides do great minds converge to plough their intellect and meet at that juncture where all forces that tend to frustrate nation building are dared and challenged; so as to offer a greater future for generations yet unborn,” he concluded. Read more.