Take a fresh look at your lifestyle.

15-year-old girl electrocuted in Ogun


Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.

A 15-year-old girl identified as Miracle Ogbonna has died of electrocution in Abeokuta, the state’s capital.

The unfortunate incident occurred about 11:50pm on Sunday.

According to media reports, the victim had gone to fetch water from the estate’s well when the power was suddenly restored.

The teenager was electrocuted by a bare cable from a pumping machine situated within the well.

She was immediately rushed to a hospital, where the doctor on duty confirmed her dead.

While confirming the incident, the spokesman of the command in the State, SP Omolola Odutola, said investigation has commenced and the corpse of the deceased has been deposited at a morgue.

“A cases of electrocution was reported to the Divisional Police Officer of Lafenwa by one Onyekachi Silas “m” of Olomore housing estate Abeokuta.

“Onyekachi narrated to the DPO that his younger brother called him on phone on the 31/03/24 at about 23:50hrs that one Miracle Ogbonna “f” 15 years, who is also the brothers wife younger sister , and residing with them.

“He further stated that there was a power outage in the house, and Miracle went to the Well to fetch water. In process of Miracle fetching water, power was restored by IBEDC.

“Miracle was tragically electrocuted by a naked cable wire of the pumping machine imbedded in the Well. She was rescued and rushed to Rose Hospital, where the duty doctor confirmed her dead.

“No further details yet, about the negligent circumstances of imbedding a naked wire into a Well.

“Investigation has commenced and the corpse have been deposited at Oke Lantoro morgue”.

Get real time updates directly on you device, subscribe now.